In one of my previous article I’ve managed to clean Oracle logs using ADRCI tool but after restarting my Database, I was unable to connect.
The issue was there before I was not aware about it. It’s not related to ADRCI.
The DB Oracle Service (here under Windows) started successfully but I was unable to connect and received the well known ORA-12514 TNS error.
Well, I did not change anything about the TNS…
I checked the TNS status using “LNSRCTL STATUS” in a Command Prompt. Indeed, no Listener available for my Instance.
I then noticed the Oracle DB Process was consuming less than 200Mo of memory. The database was not started successfully (indeed the service is running…).
In a Command Prompt, connect and try to start it manually:
SQL> connect / as sysdba ConnectÚ Ó une instance inactive. SQL> startup ORA-01261: Parameter db_recovery_file_dest destination string cannot be translat ed ORA-01263: Name given for file destination directory is invalid OSD-04018: Acc┐s impossible ┐ l'unit┐ ou au r┐pertoire indiqu┐. O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.
Ok, found the problem; the parameter “db_recovery_file_dest” was incorrect.
I managed to start the instance using an old PFILE located in ../oracle/admin/db_name/init.ora.XXXXXXXX
startup mount pfile="D:\oracle\admin\dn_name\pfile\init.ora.7720159372";
I created a PFILE from the current SPFILE (file will be created under “../oracle/11.2.0/db/database”):
create pfile from spfile;
I edited the newly created PFILE to correct the parameter path and created the SPFILE from this new PFILE:
create spfile from pfile='..\oracle\11.2.0\db\database\INITdb_name.ORA';